Welcome to Career Development
What we do? Career Development is a confidential service available to all University of St Mark & St John students and is designed to help students explore a range of career and employability options including:
- Career options with your subject
- Post graduate study
- Writing that winning cover letter and cv
- Writing personal statements (both for post grad study and employment)
- Deconstructing job descriptions
- Job interviews and how to survive them
- Working abroad
Daily drop-in sessions are available for general careers enquiries.
We also offer a confidential 1:1 in depth guidance service for areas such as:
- Course changes, withdrawls and interruptions - what to do next?
- Not sure if this is the right course for you?
- Mock interviews to improve performance and self-confidence
- Any other career or employabilty issues that are affecting you
Group workshop sessions of an hour or more will be available throughout the academic year (on topics such as writing your CV and personal statement and applying for a PGCE). All workshops will be advertised on Learning Space and students are encouraged to book in advance in order to secure their place. Please see Learning Space for further details.
Louise Sharland (Career and Employability Adviser)
Where we are: We are located on the ground floor of the Kirby Cudmore Building (to your right KCB 563)