Once you have completed your initial action research project, you might find that you have ‘got the bug’ for research and are keen to continue to actively research your own practice. It is quite common for this to happen and practitioners are often surprised at how their learning and practice have moved on as a result of engaging with small-scale research.
So, what options are available to you now?
- You can choose to embark on another small-scale action research project using the information and framework provided in this on-line resource. Of course, this time, you may decide to focus on something completely different, or you may opt to build upon what you learned from your previous research and explore this in a little more depth.
- You may decide that you would like to take your engagement with research to the next level and gain external verification for your work. If this sounds of interest to you, please follow this link to the Teaching & Learning Academy’s (TLA) website to learn more about gaining recognition for small-scale research.
- Finally, you might decide to move on to the next stage of research and enrol on a module and/or programme that would enable you to gain accreditation for your research. The University of St Mark & St John offers a number of accreditation routes at both foundation, undergraduate and postgraduate level.
Consider the following:
- What have been the benefits of engaging with this action research project for you?
- What elements of the process have you enjoyed?
- What elements have been challenging? With the benefit of hindsight, what could you have done to overcome these challenges?
- Do you see a value in carrying out further small-scale action research projects using the framework from this resource?
- How confident do you feel now to engage with research?
- What might be the next steps for you in terms of research? Are you interested in gaining external verification for your work? Would you like the opportunity to gain some accreditation for any future research you undertake?
- What aspects of your practice would you like to investigate further and what research pathway might be the best way of doing this?
Complete the following:
- Take a moment to look through the information under the ‘suggested further reading’ listed above. You have successfully completed one action research project, why not see where you can take your learning and development to next?
The University of St Mark & St John looks forward to working with you and supporting you on the next leg of your research journey.